Saturday, November 14, 2009

my experience of online shopping


Nowadays,Retailers, suppliers, manufacturers and consumers are all electronically linked.

E-Commerce is using electronic information based systems to engage in transactions or commerce online. This includes automating purchasing through Web sites.

There is more and more online transactions, the e-commerce law will be more important and needed to consummate.

I am going to tell one of my online shopping experiences. Maybe 6 years ago, I wanted to buy a bag online in China’s website. At that time, I did not have credit card or online banking card, so I need to pay money by post-office. I posted my money to online seller, I was waiting for some days, the seller still did not mail bag to me, then I sent message to him, he did not replay me. At the end, I paid money without receiving my bag. I think there are few laws about e-commerce during that time, and I have less knowledge of laws, so I did not do anything to the seller.

There is big change of online shopping in China. My experience will not happen again. The online shopping website has intermediary between seller and buyer. Buyer pay money to intermediary, seller can know buyer already paid money, and then seller will mail goods to buyer. After buyer confirms to receive goods (the buyer needed to confirm in 7 days, after 7 days the money will transfer to buyer’s account automatically), the seller can receive money. Those systems and e-commerce law enforce safety of online shopping.

There is ELECTRONIC COMMERCE ACT 2006 of Malaysia. It will make online transaction to work better.

No comments:

Post a Comment